With fall almost over, I have been on a pumpkin buzz. These pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls are worth those extra calories. They are simple, but delicious. The cinnamon rolls work well on Thanksgiving morning for all of your family and friends or during any festive occasion. Making pumpkin desserts are my specialty and these rolls do not disappoint. With all the chaotic Thanksgiving cooking, start off with a delicious meal that will wow guests and still leave time for you to sleep in.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- We used Pillsbury Cresent Rolls. You can also use Pillsbury Grands or your own dough
- I used my homemade pumpkin puree.
- I used half the amount of butter. You just need to brush the dough lightly.
- I used the dough as one single sheet; however, I suggest separating the cresent rolls and making cinnamon cresents. The cresent rolls already have perforated edges that cause the filling to leak out and the dough is difficult to cut.
- The cinnamon rolls took about 20-25 minutes to bake completely. Be sure to keep the tops from burning and the centers cooked all the
- Be sure to cream the cream cheese in the mixer. It will help soften and incorporate the powdered sugar better.
- Add the powdered sugar in gradually to prevent a mess and allow an even mixing.
- As you mix the powdered sugar into the cream cheese, you’ll notice that the frosting will become runnier and more of a glaze.
- Be sure to frost your cinnamon rolls right away because the frosting will harden if sat
These treats are far from healthy, but everything is okay in moderation. Right?! They make a great grab-and-go breakfast meal without all the hustle and bustle of taking hours to make. Using the Pillsbury dough, alleviates all the time spent in perfecting the dough. The recipe proves that delicious meals can be achieved in under an hour.
The sweetness of the frosting and the savory, cinnamon filling pair nicely together for decadent, sugary treats. Since the dawn of time, pumpkin and cream cheese have been partners in crime. The cinnamon rolls are just the hint of sweet needed after dinner or for a boost along with morning coffee.
Leave a comment with your favorite breakfast combinations. Follow my Pinterest for more recipes. Check back again next Wednesday for more tips and tricks from The Cooking Bug.