Will fall upon us pumpkins are everywhere you look. Form the cooler weather to the changing of leaves; pumpkin flavors and decorations are popping up everywhere. Like the favorite Pumpkin Spice Lattes, these tasty muffins are great addition to any meal. They’re the perfect bite sized treat that can boost your day.
There are mini muffins for those who just need a tiny bite to finish their day or you can really indulge and make the full sized muffins. SkinnyTaste provides nutritional information for either preference. I love trying recipes that allow me to indulge in fall flavors and use my homemade pumpkin puree.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- I suggest using your own pumpkin puree.
- Using mini chocolate chips allows for an even distribution of chocolate chips for every bite. YUM!
- Using a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour gives these muffins a healthier recipe. However, use both or the mixture won’t mix well and taste funny.
- I used Truvia to make the recipe healthier. Truvia is sweeter than actual sugar; therefore, you only need to use half the amount.
- Using applesauce in place of oil is a better substitution and makes the muffins keep their moisture composition better and longer.
6. You can spray the liners or the pan itself. You just don’t want any of the muffins to stick because they are just too delicious.
7. Mixing the liquid ingredients until thick is a foundation for the thickness of the batter. Just be sure to not over mix.
8. They took about only 18 minutes to cook through evenly.
9. I got 16 muffins out of my mix.
My muffins were just about 2-3 bites making them the perfect type of dessert with a side of tea! With Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Harry Potter marathons back, the changing of leaves and cool breeze are great pairs for these pumpkin muffins. They are a great breakfast meal to swing you into fall. Sit back and enjoy them with a cup of hot cocoa!
Leave a comment with your favorite fall and pumpkin recipes. Follow my Pinterest for more delicious recipes. Check back next Wednesday for another tip and trick from The Cooking Bug.