Today, we’ll try it riced. Ricing something is simple. You add cut pieces of cauliflower and add it to a food processor.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Cut the cauliflower into small even pieces.
- Remove as much of the stems as possible because they are not the tasty part. The stems are also harder to rice.
- Be careful not to process it too much or it will start to release water and turn to mush.
- I pulsed mine twice for 30 seconds.
- I didn’t add anything to my riced cauliflower, but you could add the onion for another crunch.
- Be sure to know that while it can substitute as rice, eaten plain it still has the taste of cauliflower. Careful that it is crunchy and grainy.
Adding the riced cauliflower to a burrito or naked burrito for taco night would be a great addition. You can trick your kids and family into eating a vegetable instead of those starchy grains. Make the switch today and you’ll be glad.
Leave a comment with how you enjoy riced veggies. Follow my Pinterest. Check back again next Wednesday for more tips from The Cooking Bug.